- My wife doesn't understand me
- We're basically roommates
- My wife treats me badly
- Of course I want to be with you, but now leaving my wife is difficult....at the moment
- My wife and I are only married for the kids
- One day we will be together
Much is similar with the EU:
Richard North posts with the EU it's always 'yes but not yet...'
We're married to the EU, and the unhappy situation is obvious. Our political class are invoking the 'The EU doesn't understand me' - and the 'we promise, really, that we will leave' response.
However everyone else knows the truth...but it stubbornly remains unsaid in terms of; 'we know that you know' etc, until reality will finally kick in and remove the facade.