Thursday 31 March 2011

Imigracji

That immigration is the most important issue has been discussed on this blog before, but it's a point neatly illustrated when a BBC 'digital TV switchover' letter comes through my door today. On the back of the envelope is the following (which I've scanned in, in full - click image to enlarge):

Out of nine translations the only EU languages are Romanian and Polish (I think - correct me if I'm wrong) - though apparently if you call the freephone number this can be rectified.

2 comments:

  1. Well, their downloadable Code of Services PDF says it's the BBC, so this is taxpayers money, yet again!

    I have emailed them to ask who is funding all this. I will let you know if I get a reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, indeed it has the BBC logo plastered all over the front of the envelope.

    One wonders if you need a polish translation on the envelope how you've coped with watching Eastenders on analogue tv.

    ReplyDelete