Thursday 24 February 2011

I Forgot I'm Running The Country

The Middle East is in chaos, UK citizens are being neglected, yet the Deputy PM 'forgets' he is in charge. From the Daily Mail:
When asked who was in charge, Mr Clegg, who is on a skiing holiday in Switzerland, said: 'Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that. I'm holding the fort but I'm hoping to take the end of the week off with my kids. Someone else will have to do it then. It sounds more haphazard than it probably is.'
Truly I'm speechless, I really don't know what else to say.

6 comments:

  1. If this doesn't ring the alarm bells across the nation, nothing will.

    Word verification; isiser. I am a camber miself.

    Andy5759

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JiC Indeed, unfortunately we seem to let them rule.

    @Anon, Alarm bells? I hope so

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that and crossed myself this morning - I fear for our land when the Dep PM can be so blasé about the seriousness of his job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gawain. Nice to see you're still around. I cross myself every morning and every night because of our descent into hell. Maybe if Mr Clegg was god-fearing, he might have a better understanding of what he has been employed (by us) to do on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hot Frog

    This merely proves that our supposed leaders know that they are irrelevant. They are children playing at grown ups.

    DP


    w/v sursert – substitute the first and the last letters with the fifth letter before and after respectively ...

    ReplyDelete