Thursday 18 November 2010

Quote Of The Day

From the UKIP e-newsletter I received today, regarding UKIP’s intention to stand at the Northern Ireland Assembly elections next year:
Northern Ireland is particularly anti-European Union (having a much greater proportion of small businesses and fishing/farming areas than the mainland). It never ceases to amaze me how the Northern Ireland media actually reports on EU issues: if the European Union is bringing in a new Regulation/Directive that affects people, the media says so!

What a contrast to the mainland UK, where the media regularly do what they can to hide the EU dimension to any story. It was also a breath of fresh air to see just how fairly we were treated by the Northern Ireland media.

2 comments:

  1. I am not from N.Ireland and I do hope that UKIP get a lot of support. I was a Tory voter at the last election but if there was another election I would vote UKIP. In my constituency Labour have zero chance of winning so a vote for UKIP would not be a vote for Labour.

    ReplyDelete